To go with the new page types I had to change the template program that finds the correct date links. I worried over it and stared at it for a while before attempting it, but it worked out really well for the quarter pages.
Encouraged by this I went ahead and built 5 pages for 1948 1948 Events
and up. They link into 1949 and to the existing older 1940s pages below.
Now I'm behind on editing the way I wanted to, I've found myself bouncing around doing little edits all over. One problem was with the parsing program that rebuilt the database, It made some (read 'the programmer') errors when deciding which inline database item went with the inline link. Most are not off by much, but they really can't be ignored and have to be fixed by hand.
Another fix was the darn side menu advertising. I have a love hate relationships with both the way it works and the need to have it. I found I had made some mistakes in some if
statements which were compounded by some copy and pasting. They are fixed and pages built from this point on will have the full range of advertising. What I like about the system is it makes thing varied and automatic, what I don't like is having to have it in general and the system is a little confusing at times, since some ads can't be placed with other ads.
I need to have it though to help pay for hosting and at least some of my time. I was setting up a system with paypal that I'd reduce advertisng if I got donations, based on a preset goal, if I got the full goal then i'd remove all advertisng for the following month of updates. but it never got off the ground. I may rethink it and make a more coherent system around the concept.